Pumpkin Pie Dip Recipe
Mid September is finally here and that means fall is officially upon us. (Well, not me, in particular. I live in Miami—the land of only two seasons: wet and dry. But, having lived in six other states, I can definitely pretend that the air is cool and crisp and that the leaves are colorful and crunchy—that is, until I step outside and am assaulted with 95 degree heat and a blast of humidity).
With fall comes of course the ubiquity of pumpkin recipes: pumpkin pies, pumpkin salads, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin stuffed ravioli, pumpkin bars… While some grow tired of the endless array of pumpkin recipes this time of year (namely, my husband), I never will. I love cooking with pumpkin.
One of my favorites is pumpkin pie dip. It’s so quick and easy to prepare and it’s always a crowd pleaser at parties or gatherings. Enjoy!
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin, (or 15 oz fresh pumpkin, pureed)
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 4 oz cool whip
- 1 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- Use an electric mixer to blend pumpkin and cream cheese until smooth
- Add spices and sugar. Mix.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Prepare a few hours before serving. Chill.
- Serve with ginger snaps, apple slices, or graham crackers