- Food and Cooking
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes: Quick, Easy and So Yummy!
'Tis the season for Pumpkin Spice treats and hot beverages. If you can't get enough Pumpkin Spice, these easy Pumpkin Spice cupcakes will satisfy your craving any time of year!
What makes this recipe for Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes so easy is that they don't have to be made from scratch. By using a box of packaged cake mix, there's no need to measure the flour, dribble in the vanilla, or worry about putting too much sugar in.
I decided to make these Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes in order to use up some pumpkin pie filling left over from a small cheesecake I made. I was quite pleased with the results and I hope you enjoy this recipe, too!
What do I need to make Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes?
- 1 Package (18.25 oz) French Vanilla Cake Mix (Duncan Hines Super Moist was used in this recipe.)
- 2 large Eggs (The cake mix calls for three eggs but I used 2 eggs instead.)
- 1 Cup of Canned Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil (The instructions on the box called for vegetable oil, but I used olive oil instead.)
- 1 1/3 Cup Water (Stir in slowly as needed to make a smooth, creamy batter.)
How long will it take to make these Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes?
Instructions for Making Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (or 350 degrees Farenheit). Pour entire contents of cake mix package into a large mixing bowl.
- Add one cup of canned pumpkin pie filling. Note: To make these Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes, only use canned pumpkin pie filling, not canned pureed pumpkin. The pumpkin pie filling will have just the right amount of spice and sugar already mixed in. (That's what makes this Pumpkin Spice Cupcake Recipe so easy to make!) Any leftover pie filling should be removed from the can and stored in a plastic container in the fridge.
- Add 1/3 cup oil and two large eggs and start to blend mixture together with a wooden spoon.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and start to blend the mixture together on medium speed with an electric hand blender. Continue to beat the batter as you slowly pour the remaining water. Blend the batter until all the lumps have disappeared.
- Pour batter into one and one half dozen medium-sized, lined cupcake compartments. Fill each liner about half full to keep the batter from flowing over the edges.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until tops look crispy, but not burnt. Insert a bamboo skewer into the center to a cupcake to test for readiness. If the skewer comes out cleanly, then the cupcakes are done.
- Remove from oven and let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 20 minutes.
- When your Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes have cooled completely, carefully remove them from cupcake tin. Frost with your favorite ready-made or homemade icing. Or simply enjoy your cupcakes plain with your morning coffee or afternoon tea!
© 2014 Sadie Holloway