Pumpkin cream cheese roll
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll
All in good Taste...
Giving a homemade gift, especially from your kitchen is an awesome way to express warm Holiday wishes. What a perfect time to contribute a favorite recipe to the party menu.
- Be sure to label your gifts of food. People need to know what they are eating, especially if they have food allergies. Include any special serving or reheating instructions. You may want to include a copy of your recipe.
- Festive packaging adds Holiday spirit to your homemade specialty. Use baskets, boxes, tins, jars and gift bags as containers. Some containers can be recycled like coffee cans or plastic food containers, for instance.
- It's fun to pair your gifts of food with complementary items, such as a new wooden bread board, a bottle of sparking catawba or wine with your favorite homemade cheese spread, or a beautifully patterned set of potholders or mits, with a cheery tin full of cookies.
BE SURE TO TAKE THE AUTUMN QUIZ AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE, COME ON TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE!
Pumpkin Roll Ingredients
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin, canned, Libby's
- 3/4 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and sugar, beating well. Add the pumpkin, mixing until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, spices and salt. Add to egg mixture, mixing well.
- Spread batter into a greased and waxed-paper lined 10X15 inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Place cake on a clean tea towel, and cool 10 minutes longer. From 10-inch side, roll cake up in towel and set aside.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling. See filling ingredients below.
- Unroll cake and place on plastic wrap. Evenly spread the filling over the cake. Carefully roll up cake. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Place cake, seam-side down and chill for at least 2 hours.
- When serving, cut roll in even slices.Garnish with mint leaves or orange slices, if desired.
Cream Cheese filling
Cream cheese filling
1-package-8 oz. softened cream cheese
4 Tablespoons butter
1 cup powdered sugar
Beat together the cream cheese and the butter until well blended. Stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla, blending until smooth.
Pumpkin cream-cheese filled roll
|Serving size: 1 slice|
|Calories from Fat||126|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 14 g||22%|
|Carbohydrates 41 g||14%|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Sodium 283 mg||12%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Autumn Quiz, see how you rate??
- Autumn Trivia Quiz (Fall Quiz Questions): The Weather's Getting a Little Cooler and Autumn is on the
Autumn Trivia Quiz (Fall Quiz Questions): The Weather's Getting a Little Cooler and Autumn is on the Way. Have Fun Wi...: trivia questions, facts and quizzes