Pumpkin, sweet corn, water chestnuts Chinese soup recipe
- helps in controlling blood sugar and cholesterol levels
1 small pumpkin (below 1 kg)
2 cups fresh or frozen sweet corn, thawed
10 water chestnuts
10 small cubes of rock sugar
8 - 10 bowls of water
· Skin pumpkin and cut into small cubes
· Peel water chestnuts and chop into fine pieces
· Wash ingredients and commence cooking
· Bring to a boil
· Reduce heat and simmer for one to two hours
Servings: 2 – 3 person
The Chinese have always believed that pumpkin aids in improving blood sugar level and cholesterol.
Having no saturated fat and cholesterol and with very low calories, the pumpkin is ideal for regular consumption. Researches in recent years have shown that the pumpkin does have the potential of aiding in insulin production in the blood.
For those who want to improve their blood sugar level, this soup must be taken regularly, at least twice a week for few months. It would be good if you can take it without any sugar at all.