Qeema Stuffed Paratha
- FOR THE PARATHA DOUGH, 2 cups Self raising flour, if self raising flour is not available then use plain flour and add 1/4th teaspoon of baking soda)
- a pinch Salt
- 1/2 tsp Zeera
- as required Water, for kneading
- FOR THE STUFFING --, --
- 1 cup Minced Meat Chicken or Lamb
- 1 medium Onion, Sliced or chopped
- 1 tbsp Plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- To Taste Salt
- 1/2 tsp Zeera
- 1/4 tsp Grounded Black Pepper
- !/2 tsp Haldi
- 1-2 Green chillies
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 4-5 tbsp butter or ghee, for frying
- Firstly, knead the paratha dough. Put the flour, zeera and a pinch of salt into a big bowl and then to knead the dough add water little by little so that the dough doesn't get too soft. Leave it aside for a few minutes.
- Put some oil in a pan and add onions. Fry them until they become soft.
- Put some oil in a pan and add onions. Fry them until they become soft then add minced meat, ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Saute for about 2-3 minutes until the meat changes its color.
- Add salt, zeera, turmeric powder and black pepper and again saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add yogurt and saute until the mixture appears to be a bit drier.
- Now take your dough and divide it into 4 equal parts and then make balls out of them. Take some dry flour and sprinkle it over the dough ball and with the help of a rolling pin, roll it out about the size of a CD. Now do the same with the other dough ball.
- Now take one of them and place the qeema mixture and spread it equally and place the other rolled out dough on top of it. Now press the corners with your finger to make sure that the stuffing won't come out. Then sprinkle some dry flour and roll it a bit more.
- Heat a pan and place the paratha. After about 30 seconds flip it over and put some butter or oil and keep rotating the paratha so that it becomes evenly golden in color. When both sides are golden take it out on a plate.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 5 g||8%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Unsaturated fat 2 g|
|Carbohydrates 25 g||8%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 25 g||50%|
|Cholesterol 66 mg||22%|
|Sodium 200 mg||8%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|