- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Quick And Easy Pasta Dishes , Italian Sausage and Peppers With Penne
Italian Sausage and Peppers with Penne Recipe
Here's a quick and easy Italian Sausage and Peppers with Penne Recipe that almost everyone agrees is one of the best things they have ever eaten in their life. And the thing I like about this recipe is that it is quick and easy to make and the flavor is so wonderful. If you like great pasta dishes with a lot of rich flavors then this is the pasta dish for you.
For Your Italian Sausage And Peppers With Penne Recipe You Will Need.
1. Three Tablespoons Olive Oil.
2. Two Pounds Italian Sausage Sliced Into Thin Slices.
3. 1 Red And 1 Green Bell Pepper Cut Into Thin Strips.
4. 1 Large Jar Prego Meat Sauce With Italian Sausage and Basil.
5. 1 Pound Penne Pasta Cooked , Drained And Rinsed Well With Hot Water.
6. One Pound Fresh Button Mushrooms Sliced Thin.
7. One Teaspoon Dried Oregano.
8. One Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper.
9. Eight Ounces Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese.
10. 1 Pound Mozzarella Cheese Shredded.
11. 1 Pound Ricotta Cheese.
12. 1 Cup Finely Chopped Sweet Onion.
You will want to start by slicing your Italian Sausage into thin slices. Brown your sausage and set aside. Be sure to drain all the grease off your Italian Sausage or drain it well on paper towels.
In your olive oil in a large skillet add your bell peppers , onion and mushrooms and sauté until done.
Now you need a large mixing bowl and add all your ingredients to the bowl stirring gently to make sure you have all your ingredients mixed in well.
When you are adding your ingredients and mixing them add everything but the Parmesan Cheese and half the Mozzarella Cheese. Pour out the contents of the mixing bowl into a large baking dish or casserole dish and add your reserved Mozzarella Cheese and your Parmesan Cheese to the top of your dish. You want to place your baking or casserole dish into a preheated 350 degree oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes until your dish is bubbling and your cheese is melted. You will want to turn on your broiler at the end of the cooking time and brown the top of the dish but be sure not to burn it. Remove from the oven and let set for about 15 minutes before you serve it.
You can have a complete meal by serving a garden salad and garlic bread with your Italian Sausage and Peppers with Penne Pasta.
If you make this dish please post a comment below and let me know how the dish turns out for you. Also feel free to post your comments , suggestions , questions and tips below. Please let me hear from you.