Chicken and Dumplings Great Recipes meals in under 30 Minutes
Chicken and DumplingsClick thumbnail to view full-size
- 6 Tyson frozen boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery leaves and stems, chopped
- 20 frozen buttermilk biscuits, cut into 1/4 quarter
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 - 48 oz Swanson chicken broth
- 1 tsp Weber Beer Can Chicken Seasoning
- Dice Chicken breasts into cubes, chop onion and celery
- Pour both 48 oz Swanson Chicken Broth into a 12 quart stock pot. Bring to a rolling boil, turn heat down to a simmer. Add diced chicken, onion and celery. Add Salt, Pepper and Beer Can Chicken seasoning. Simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is white and tender.
- Cut frozen buttermilk biscuits into quarters (note biscuits are easier to cut partially frozen). Bring broth back up to a slow boil, drop quartered biscuits in one at a time. Slowly stir as you add in biscuits. Salt and pepper to taste. Dumplings are done when the biscuits float to the top. (cook time less than 5 minutes). Some biscuits will boil away creating a creamy broth.
Frozen Buttermilk Biscuits
© 2012 Brigitte Thompson