30-Minute Chicken and Veggie Chow Mein
Chow Mein is a stir-fried, noodle dish that has been enjoyed throughout the world for almost 100 years. It's also a meal that you can make quickly and effortlessly within the comfort of your own kitchen.
There are many varieties to this delicious, Chinese-cuisine and with a few basic ingredients you'll create a festive meal that your family will be complimenting for days. Below, is a, quick and tasty, 30-minute chicken and vegetable chow mein recipe, that's simple, yet delicious, and sure to be a family-pleaser.
- ¾ pounds thick spaghetti noodles, cooked
- 1½ cups pre-cooked, chopped chicken, (two, pre-cooked chicken breasts can be purchased at your local deli)
- 1½ cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsps low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp pure sesame seed oil
- garlic powder, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Add olive oil and low-sodium soy sauce to a wok and heat.
- Pour in the frozen peas and begin to stir-fry approximately 6-8 minutes, or until soft.
- Pour in the sliced mushrooms and stir-fry with the peas for approximately 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Scoop in the cooked noodles, using a pasta fork, and gently mix into the veggies.
- Continue stirring in the noodles until mixed well with all the other ingredients, and then pour in the sesame seed oil and continue mixing.
- Add salt and garlic powder, to your taste.
- Lastly, pour in the chopped chicken and stir-fry with the veggies and noodles.
This simple, Asian cuisine provides a full and satisfying meal for your entire family to enjoy, and it takes such little effort. You can add egg rolls or wontons and even use chopsticks to make this an authentic culinary experience. Hopefully, you’ll enjoy these savory noodles as much as my family. Bon Appétit!