Quick Dinner with Kielbasa and Vegetables
One Skillet Dinner
Kielbasa is actually a Polish sausage, and it is very popular. It is always on the Polish dinner table on most any given day or on Christmas. The large variety of Kielbasa recipes include; eating the sausage on a sandwich, in soup or sauce, with vegetables, or eggs or cooked over an open fire. The sausage can be eaten heated or cold.
There are two main types of kielbasa in Poland: abnormal or dry. The advantage to dry kielbasa is that it keeps longer, but it is always eaten cold. In Poland, kielbasa is often used as a flavoring in several dishes and soup. The kielbasa is typically smoked. While most of the Polish kielbasa is made with pork, it is also made from beef, turkey, veal and lamb. Of course, the sausage always includes spices and garlic. Various regions of Poland each have their own way of making kielbasa.
Skillet Kiebasa Meal
Kielbasa Dinner Cooking
- 5 large white potatoes, Cut into bit size chunks
- 1 lb. Kielbasa, Sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- To taste salt
- To Taste pepper
- Put canola oil into large skillet and turn heat on medium.
- Put sliced kielbasa, potatoes and spices into large frying pan. Fry kielbasa and potatoes until slightly browned. You can add 1/2 cup of sliced carrots if preferred, putting them into the frying pan with the kielbasa and potatoes.
- Add onions and green peppers, and continue frying until onions and peppers are cooked, but not overcooked.
- Serve while hot.
Ready to Eat
|Serving size: 1/4 of cooked meal, approx. 1 1/2 cup|
|Calories from Fat||216|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 24 g||37%|
|Saturated fat 8 g||40%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 85 g||28%|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 25 g||50%|
|Cholesterol 38 mg||13%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Kielbasa with Cabage
One of the most common way to cook kielbasa is with cabbage. It can also be done in a one skillet meal, which is quick and easy.
- 1 package of kielbasa sausage, chop in bite size pieces
- 1 head of green cabbage, cut into 1" thick pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Canola oil
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Light sprinkling of red pepper
- In large frying pan, cook Kielbasa on medium to high heat, until brown
- Don’t drain grease to prevent vegetables from sticking.
- Add chopped cabbage
- Add chopped onions
- Add apple cider vinegar
- Season with salt, pepper and red pepper
- Cook until cabbages is done and serve hot.
How to make fresh polish kielbasa for smoking
Kielbasa Potato Soup
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cup water
- 3/4 pound kielbasa sausage, cute into bite size chunks
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, add chicken broth, potatoes, onion, celery and water.
- Bring to a boil, then, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the kielbasa and the cream of chicken condensed soup.
- Stir, and continue to simmer until the soup is heated through and slightly thickened.
- Season sour with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.
Cabbage and Kielbasa Soup
Kielbasa is certainly a versatile meat, as there are numerous recipes that taste wonderful. You can opt to buy turkey kielbasa to eat less calories and fat. We have tried different varieties and they are all good. It is so simple to make a one skillet meal with meat and vegetables. The easy recipe is quick, and the clean up is simple also.
Do you cook with kielbasa?
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.