- Food and Cooking
Quick & Easy Hummus Recipe
Hummus is a Middle Eastern Arabic dip (or spread) that is used as either a side or sometimes a starter in its own right. It is normally served with pitta bread or other similar flatbreads. However, having bought hummus from a shop for a while I decided to make it myself.
This recipe is a quick hummus recipe which can be altered slightly to fit your specific needs. Some people, for example, will add peppers and spice to their hummus to make it have a little more kick to it. What is certain though, is that once you have made this recipe you will not want to buy shop bought hummus again. It is a lot tastier if made yourself and only take 15 minutes max to make...
- 200g Tinned Chickpeas, Drained
- 100g Tahini Paste
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Pinch Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- Take the drained chickpeas and add into a mixing bowl with the tahini paste.
- Next crush the garlic cloves (or very finely chop) and add into the mixture.
- Add the cumin, lemon, paprika, salt, olive oil to the mix.
- Finally, blend the mixture either in a food processor or by hand until it is smooth.
Spicy Avacado Hummus
If you would like to add a little something extra to your hummus then perhaps you could add:
1 ripe avocado, cut in half, skin and stone removed
1/2 tbsp of tobasco sauce
Put these in the mix before you blend to make this spicy hummus...