Quick Fresh Fruit Cobbler
Tasty Seasonal Dessert
This is a quick and easy to make dessert. You can use most any fresh fruit that's in season with this recipe, making it very versatile.
To help fresh berries last longer, mix one part vinegar and ten parts water. Add the berries
and swish. Drain, rinse if desired. The mixture is diluted enough so that you can't taste the vinegar. Place in the refrigerator.Any mold spores that may be on the berries are killed by the vinegar.
- 4 Tablespoons Margarine, cut in pieces
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 to 4 cups fresh Fruit or Berries
- Drop margarine pieces all over bottom of 9x9x2 baking dish
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and milk in bowl.
- Pour mixture over margarine and distribute fruit over all. Allow space for dough to raise up.
- Cook in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown. Makes 6-8 portions.