- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Meatless Italian Spaghetti
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 45 min
Ready in: 1 hour
Yields: Serves 8 to 10
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup green peppers, chopped
- 3 cups portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 28-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 Tsp. oregano, dried
- 1 Tsp. basil, dried
- 1 Tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 Tsp. white pepper
- 3 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Ib whole wheat spaghetti
- In a large skillet add extra virgin olive oil ,onions, green peppers and portabella mushrooms; sauté these veggies using low heat until slightly tender.
- Add minced garlic, tomato sauce, brown sugar and diced tomatoes; simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle oregano, basil, kosher salt and white pepper into sauce. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Grab a deep dish baking pan and mix together sauce and boiled whole wheat noodles(desired tenderness).Sprinkle sharp cheddar cheese on top.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees;Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Serve with your favorite salad & Italian bread . Enjoy :)