- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Quick and Easy Breakfast Burrito - Recipe
Delicious Breakfast Burrito
Quick and Easy, Delicious Breakfast
Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day, but for most people, mornings are one of the busiest times of the day. We don’t always have time to cook a big healthy breakfast, much less take it with us when we are on the run. Here is where the breakfast burrito comes in to save the day! When I started taking pictures for this hub, I had three breakfast burritos here, now one of my breakfast burritos has disappeared, what's up with that ... hubby!
Breakfast Burrito Ingredients
- 3 flour tortillas
- 3 eggs
- 3 strips bacon
- 1 small potato, grated
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons picante sauce, salsa
- to taste pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- Cook your bacon in a pan until just crisp. Saving the bacon grease in your pan. Place bacon on paper towel and place another on top and press it onto the bacon to remove most of the grease.
- Fry the grated potato in the bacon drippings until crisp, turning once, creating hash browns. When they are done, drain on paper towel as well.
- Pour most of the remaining grease out of the pan and place the potatoes back in the pan on medium heat. Sprinkle in the jalapenos.
- Crack your eggs into small bowl and add milk. Mix well and pour over the potatoes in the skillet. Cook until eggs are done. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread one table spoon of sour cream on each tortilla, then add 1/3rd of the egg mixture, a strip of bacon and top with 1/3rd of the cheese and picante sauce.
- Wrap each burrito in damp paper towel and place in microwave for about 30 seconds to soften tortilla and melt the cheese.
Create Your Own Special Breakfast Burrito
Breakfast burritos can be made with a variety of meats, vegetables and cheeses. I have found that adding the hash browns to the eggs, gives it a different taste. Often, I will cook scrambled eggs and mix the hash browns with them for a different flavor. You can also use frozen hash browns. Add jalapenos to your taste, or leave them out all together. By cooking the jalapenos with the hash browns, it takes away some of the heat. You can also add chopped tomato, but I prefer using the mild picante sauce. We usually use our own homemade picante sauce, but my kids have eaten it all! I have found that the Medium Pace Chunky Salsa is very close to our own. You could also add a couple of thin slices of avacado.
I hope you enjoy making my Breakfast Burrito as much I have enjoyed sharing it!
Have you eaten breakfast burritos before?
Rate My Recipe
You May Also Enjoy:
- Picante Sauce Recipe - Southwest Style Salsa
Picante sauce or salsa has always been a favorite dipping snack for my family. It is a very healthy snack and is an exellent way to use the fresh vegetables from our vegetable garden. My recipe is not overly hot and just has an over all great Mexican
- Quick and Easy Chicken Taco Recipe
Here is a quick and easy recipe for delicious chicken tacos that is nutritious and only takes about 30 minutes to prepare. This recipe makes enough for about 6 tacos and of course, you can double if needed.
- Quick and Easy Shrimp Tacos
Shrimp is very low fat and healthy choice for tacos, not to mention delicious! Add some healthy vegetables and my
- Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Recipe
Green chile peppers are large, mild peppers and are found in most local grocery stores. They are sometimes referred to as the Anaheim pepper. They are a wonderfully flavorable pepper that is not overly hot. Green Chiles add a wonderful flavor to thes