Quick and Easy Bruschetta
A tasty appetizer
This quick and easy bruschetta recipe is a great appetizer or snack. It's also a perfect dish for potlucks.
- 1 fresh baked baguette, from the bakery section of your grocery store
- 1-12 oz. can italian style diced tomatoes, (or chopped stewed tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes, (optional)
- 1 cup your choice of grated cheese, (Mozzarella, Parmesan, etc.)
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice bruschetta (on a slant) into 1/2 inch rounds. On a cookie sheet, arrange baguette slices in a single layer. Bake approximately 5-7 minutes - until slightly brown.
- While baguette slices are baking, in a bowl, mix together diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and garlic.
- When baguettes are slightly brown, spread basil pesto on each slice, top with a tablespoon of tomato mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for an 5 additional minutes and remove. Cool for 5 minutes and serve.