Quick and Easy Carbonara Recipe
- 1 kg fettuccine or spaghetti pasta, cooked
- 500 ml all-purpose cream
- 350 ml evaporated milk
- 225 g butter, 3/4 bar
- 400 g canned mushroom
- 500 g sweet ham, sliced (bite-size)
- 165 g cheese, grated
- onion and garlic, for sauteeing
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- cooking oil
- bacon or tuna, optional
- green herbs, optional
- Heat some oil in a pan, then add the butter. Tip: Putting in some oil first prevents butter from getting burnt.
- Cook the ham in oil/butter for around 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same pan with oil and butter, saute garlic and onion.
- Add the mushrooms and cooked ham, then saute everything together for another minute.
- Add the all-purpose cream and evaporated milk. Stir the sauce mixture until it looks well-blended.
- Put in half the grated cheese and cook the sauce for 3-5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and ground pepper.
- Remove the white sauce from heat and mix 3/4's of it with the cooked pasta. Then, pour the remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with grated cheese. Add some cooked bacon bits or tuna as desired. Garnish with some herbs.
© 2017 Lea Christine Chavez