- Food and Cooking
Quick & Easy Carrot and Coriander Soup
Rate this recipe
Stock Pots are Great for Creating Delicious Soups
This recipe is especially economical if you find some good priced carrots at your local farmers market, food co-op or food swap. Or consider growing your own!
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Onions, Chopped
- 2kg Carrots, Diced
- 2 tbsp Ground Coriander
- 2 litres Water
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- Large pinch Dried coriander leaves
- 1/2 Lemon, Juiced
- Pinch Ground Nutmeg
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp Thick dollop cream, per serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan, add the onions and diced carrots, Sauté for 4mins, until they are beginning to soften but don't let them brown. Stir in the ground coriander and plenty of seasoning and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the water and stock cube and bring to the boil (you can use homemade vegetable stock if you have it), cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the carrots are really tender. Stir in the fresh coriander.
- Using a stick blender or food processor, blend it until it is smooth. Add the lemon juice and nutmeg to taste and adjust the salt and pepper as necessary.
- Reheat until just hot but not boiling and serve. Garnish with a swirl of cream if you want to. if you're counting calories, then just skip this ... It is still a very delicious soup!
- Note: if you intend to freeze this soup, add the cream after it has been reheated - just before being gobbled up with a serve of fresh or toasted bread.