- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Quick and Easy Cheeseburger Pie Recipe
Delicious Cheeseburger Pie
Who doesn’t like cheeseburgers? They are an all time American favorite. This cheeseburger pie is one of my family’s favorite recipes. Mine too, as it is really quick and easy to make. It’s really quite healthy too. Lean ground beef, onion, green peppers and cheese. Add a flaky pie crust and you have a low fat, delicious and inexpensive meal!
If you prefer to make this even healthier you can use ground venison instead of ground beef. I use venison in most of my meals in place of beef, as it is much lower in fat and no preservatives or other “additives”. You can also use a low fat cheese and no or low fat milk.
- 1 pie crust, uncooked
- 1 pound ground beef, lean
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups cheddar cheese or colby jack, shredded
- Heat oven to 425 and bake the pie crust until just beginning to brown then set aside. In a medium skillet, cook hamburger, onion and green pepper until the hamburger is browned and drain. Mix in the salt, pepper, bread crumbs and ½ cup of the tomato sauce and mix well. Pour ingredients into pie crust.
- Beat the egg and milk together. Add the seasonings and cheese. Mix well. Pour the cheese mixture over the top of the pie and place in the oven at 425 just long enough for the pie crust to finish browning and the cheese mixture to melt.
- Mix the remaining tomato sauce with ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce and pour over the pie just before serving.
Add sliced pickles on the side or maybe serve with some potato salad! Your whole family will love this!
*Nutritional information is based not using low fat ingredients.
|Serving size: 6 slices|
|Calories from Fat||216|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 24 g||37%|
|Saturated fat 11 g||55%|
|Unsaturated fat 13 g|
|Carbohydrates 11 g||4%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 23 g||46%|
|Cholesterol 148 mg||49%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Have You Ever Eaten Cheeseburger Pie Before?
Let Me Know What You Think
You May Also Enjoy:
- Quick and Easy Shrimp Tacos
Shrimp is very low fat and healthy choice for tacos, not to mention delicious! Add some healthy vegetables and my
- Quick and Easy Chicken Taco Recipe
Here is a quick and easy recipe for delicious chicken tacos that is nutritious and only takes about 30 minutes to prepare. This recipe makes enough for about 6 tacos and of course, you can double if needed.
- Quick and Easy Breakfast Burrito Supreme
Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day, but for most people, mornings are one of the busiest times of the day. We don’t always have time to cook a big healthy breakfast, much less take it with us when we are on the run. Here is wh