- Food and Cooking
Quick and Easy Cinnamon Rolls
My quick and easy Cinnamon Roll recipe came about after I had 3 children and was pregnant with another. I needed something quick and easy and ready to throw in the oven the next morning before a baseball game that was portable. A few cheap and easy ingredients that you may already have around your house and all the sudden you have an award winning breakfast!
- 1 Can Refrigerated Pizza Dough
- 1 Stick Softened Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cinnamon
- Nuts Optional
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Milk, add until you get the consistency you want
- Roll out your refrigerated pizza dough in a large rectangle.
- Melt the butter and spread it onto your dough.
- Mix the Cinnamon and Brown Sugar and spread evenly onto your dough.
- Starting with the long edge start rolling the dough. Once you have a log of cinnamon goodness cut off the ends that aren't as pretty. Once you have a good level edge cute 1-2" thick pinwheels off and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Refrigerate over night.
- In the morning pre-heat your over to 350 degrees. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- For the icing. Mix Powdered sugar and milk too a thick consistency until drizzle over warm Cinnamon Rolls.
This recipe can be made ahead and frozen once you have it in a log shape. Wrap with several layers of saran wrap and freeze. When you're ready to cook defrost over night and cut into pinwheels before popping into the oven. This is a great make-ahead meal option that can be eaten on-the-go.
Dress It Up!
This is a very versatile recipe that can be dressed up for nicer occasions.
Example 1: add nuts into the filling and substitute maple syrup for the milk in the frosting and now you have a fantastic fall breakfast that is to die for.
Example 2: add 2-3 oz of cream cheese to your frosting and a little more milk and now you have a wonderful decadent cream cheese frosting to top your already fabulous Cinnamon Rolls.