- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Quick and Easy Fried Pickles
- 1/2 cup White Flour
- 1/2 cup water
- To taste Tony Chachere's original creole seasoning
- Take a Sauce pan and put a inch or so of vegetable oil (or peanut) in the pan and set the stove to medium high.
- While the pan is heating up combine the flour and seasoning in a bowl. Then when they are mixed together add the water. The batter should be easily applied to the pickles, but if its too thick add more water and vise versa.
- Take out the pickles and pat them dry with a towel then put the desired amount into the batter and stir ( its easier to use your hands). Make sure the pickles are well covered with batter.
- Then when the oil has reached 385 start dropping in the pickles, making sure not to splash the oil. when the pickles start to look golden brown take them out. the more pickles you put in at once the colder the oil gets and the longer it takes to get a nice crunchy pickle. So if they're in for too long the pickles start to dry out and aren't as good. So you might not want to put to many pickles into the fryer.
- Once they are done cooking take them out and let cool for a minute on a towel. Once cooled serve with ranch or another dipping sauce and enjoy!
Here's a link for a dipping sauce