Quick and Easy Honey Mustard Pasta Recipe
Let's face it - life is hectic! We all have days when we're busy or tired, and cooking a big dinner for an entire household (or even for ourselves) feels more like a bother than anything else. But everyone must eat to live, so it has to be done!
Below is a recipe for a healthy and delicious honey mustard pasta that is quick and easy to make. It's large enough to feed the whole family, and you may even have enough left over for lunch the next day.
The taste of honey mustard within the dish is not at all overwhelming. In fact, it quickly becomes addicting. There have been many times where I have made this meal for my own family, and even the pickiest members within have quickly gone back for seconds and thirds.
Please use the recipe, enjoy it and rate it!
- 1 bag (16 ounces) Egg Noodles
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) chicken gravy
- 1 bottle (16 fluid ounces) honey mustard dressing, (I prefer the Ken's Steak House brand)
- 1-2 sliced grilled chicken breast, (optional) (either grill and prepare yourself or I prefer pre-cooked honey roasted - "Perdue" brand)
- 8 ounces sliced portabella mushrooms, (optional)
- In a sauteuse pan, heat 4 cups of water to BOIL and then begin cooking your egg noodles.
- In a separate medium sized sauce pan - MIX milk, chicken gravy and honey mustard over medium heat. Stirring occasionally until your noodles are done.
- DRAIN noodles and place back into sautese pan.
- POUR honey mustard sauce mix over noodles and then blend them together thoroughly.
- *Optional* - you would also mix your grilled chicken strips into the mix at this point as well.
- *Also optional* - if you're a fan of mushrooms, saute 8 ounces of portabella mushrooms into the medium sized sauce pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil before adding the honey mustard sauce mix into the same pan.
- Pour pasta into a casserole dish and serve.