- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Quick and Easy Lemon Chicken Recipe!
I am always online trying to find quick and easy dinners that won't break the bank but are still on the healthy side. A lot recipes that I find that are quick and easy aren't all that healthy, so I like to take some ingredients and make them my own so I am not packing on the pounds like a crazy kitchen lady!!
This Lemon Chicken recipe is delicious! However, it does call for olive oil but I used coconut oil instead.
As a side dish, you can use rice and put your chicken on top of it and add some extra juice from your dish. OR you can use brussel sprouts (which is included) that are baked and taste delicious. OR you can do all three totally up too!
- 1 1/2 lbs. Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, OR coconut oil whichever you prefer
- Juice of 1 1/2 Lemons OR you can use Real Lemon, 5-6 lemon slices
- 1 Medium Onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 1Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- Chopped Italian Parsley, for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil, OR olive oil
- 2-3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Bag Brussel Sprouts, OR fresh if you got them from a farmers market
- Mix your herbs, thyme and oregano, in a bowl. Add your Oil with these herbs and mix.
- Add your lemon juice, chopped garlic and chopped onion to your herb and oil mix and mix together.
- Oil up your pan so that your chicken doesn't stick. Add chicken to your pan, and pour your mixture on top of it. Make sure your chicken is covered. You can add your lemon slices to your pan for extra flavor.
- For your brussel sprouts, mix your oil and and minced garlic cloves in a large bowl.
- After you have thawed out your brussel sprouts (if you bought them frozen) mix them in with your mix of oil and minced garlic. You may need to make extra mix if you are using more brussel sprouts depending on the size of your bag.
- When your brussel sprouts are coated, pour them onto your cookie sheet which is lined with parchment paper and bake!
YOUR BRUSSEL SPROUTS AS WELL AS YOUR LEMON CHICKEN ARE GOING TO BAKE AT 375 DEGREES.
YOUR BRUSSEL SPROUTS WILL COOK 15-20 MINUTES, HALF WAY THROUGH YOU NEED TO TOSS THEM. I USUALLY BAKE AT 10 MINS, TOSS, AND PUT THEM BACK IN FOR ANOTHER 10 MINS.
YOUR LEMON CHICKEN WILL COOK FOR 35-40 MINS.
YOU CAN COOK THEM TOGETHER, BUT IF YOUR BRUSSEL SPROUTS ARE DONE BEFORE YOUR CHICKEN, YOU CAN COVER YOUR COOKIE SHEET WITH FOIL TO KEEP THEM WARM.
BELOW ARE SOME PICTURES TO FOLLOW FOR THE LEMON CHICKEN TO HELP YOU OUT A BIT!
- If you use Real Lemon, instead of squeezing lemon juice, I usually just eye ball it for how much to use. I add a little bit to the mixture, and some more before I put it in the oven for some extra lemon flavor. If I am using Real Lemon this usually means I don't have any lemon slices to add to my dish, this is why I add a little bit before putting it in the oven to make up for it.
- You add rice as a side dish and put your chicken on top of it, add your extra juice from the pan as a topping.
Instead of just eating chicken with toppings, I like to add some veggie to my dinner. In the recipe I found online they used rice, which you can make and put the chicken on top of, I never used rice with this but I am sure it taste just as good with the extra juice from your chicken.
What I did use though, was brussels sprouts. Most people just buy a frozen bag and throw it on the stove or the microwave steamers. I bought a frozen back and filled up a pan with water to thaw them out but not to cook them (if that makes any sense). This was a last minute dinner so I had to thaw as fast as I could (haha) but if you do have time you can thaw your veggies and chicken out together. As I would say growing your own fruits and veggies are the best way, some of us don't really have time. You may get lucky and get some at your local farmers market!
According to the picture to your right, you're probably wondering why brussel sprouts are in the oven, I thought the same thing. When I tried it though it was absolutely delicious and I want to make this as a side dish to everything!