- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Quick and Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
I've never been a great baker but I do like a good dessert. This is one of our family favorites and it's so easy it's amazing! We bring it often to parties and people always rave about how good it is. My mouth is watering while I'm writing this. It's a great choice no matter the season and you don't have to have a reason.
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 can Sliced Pineapple, in pineapple juice
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 4 tbsp butter
- whipped cream
Let's Get Baking!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare the pan, two 9 inch round pans work best but you can use one 13 x 9 inch cake pan, by melting 2 tbsp. of better in each 9 inch round pan (4 tbsp. if using 13 x 9 inch cake pan)
- once butter is melted add 2 tbsp. of the pineapple juice from the canned pineapple to each 9 inch round pan (4 tbsp. if using 13 x 9 inch cake pan)
- add 1/2 cup of light brown sugar to each 9 inch pan (1 cup if using 13 x 9 inch cake pan), mix well with butter and pineapple juice
- Cut pineapple slices in half, arrange in bottom of round pans in sugar mixture. (If using 13 x 9 inch cake pan leave slices whole and arrange on bottom of pan in sugar mixture.)
- Mix cake mix according to directions on box
- Pour 1/2 of cake mix into each 9 inch round cake pan covering pineapple and sugar mixture (If using 13 x 9 inch cake pan pour entire cake batter onto into cake pan covering pineapple and sugar mixture
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown on top (about 30 minutes)
- Let cake cool for about 15 minutes and then place a round dinner sized plate upside down on the top of the 9 inch round cake pan. Holding the plate and the cake pan flip the plate and cake pan upside down. Cake should easily fall out of pan onto plate. (If using 13 x 9 inch cake pan use a cookie sheet to flip the cake over onto.)
- Cut into pie shaped slices, top with whip cream and serve warm.
Pineapple upside down cake is best when served still warm but it is also great if cool or left over. It is a very light desert. There may seem to be a lot of steps but it is truly very easy. Happy baking!