Quick and Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Please rate this recipe!
This is a really simple pumpkin pie recipe that anyone can make. Using a pre-made pie pastry will also cut down on time and complexity. Don't be afraid to try this one! Serve plain or with a nice dallop of whipped cream or Cool Whip.
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cups 2% evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 cup dark Caro syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 9" pie pastry, unbaked
- Mix all of the ingredients (other than the pie pastry) in a large mixing bowl until blended and creamy.
- Place pie pastry in a 9" pie pan and pinch the edges to make a decorative crust. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the pie shell. Cover the edges of the crust with foil to prevent overbaking.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for 40-50 minutes unti the pie is set. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Serve with cool whip or whipped cream. You can also decorate with ginger snap cookies or baked pastry cut outs.