- Food and Cooking
Vegetable Daal Rice
Vegetable Lentil Rice
- 2 tbsp rice
- 2 tbsp split and skinned pigeon peas
- 1/2 salad tomato, chopped large pieces
- 1 small potato, chopped large pieces
- 1/2 small onion, chopped large pieces
- 2 beans, chopped small pieces
- 1 inch carrot, chopped small pieces
- 5 thin cloves garlic, don't chop
- 1pinch turmeric
- 1 pinch paneer butter masala
- 1/4 bay leaf
- 2 peppercorn
- 1 cinnamom, very small piece optional
- 1 clove
- to taste salt
- 2 cup water
- 1 tbsp butter/cream
How to Cook Mouth Watering Lentil Rice
- Wash the uncooked rice and, split and skinned pigeon peas thoroughly with filter water twice.
- Wash all the vegetables thoroughly. Peel the potato, 1/2 of a small onion and a one inch piece of carrot. Chop the potato, 1/2 of a tomato and onion into large pieces. Potatoes and onions should be cut in large pieces because most of the toddlers like potatoes, and onion separates into its layers due to boiling. Chop the one inch piece of carrot and 2 beans into small pieces.
- Peel five cloves of garlic and don't chop it because we do not want the lentil rice to taste only of garlic. The boiled garlic taste very good to eat as it is. My toddler loves it and whenever he loses his interest in eating when his tummy is almost full I offer him one clove of garlic and he sits right there wanting more of the lentil rice.
- Take a 1 liter pressure cooker and add 1 tbsp of butter to it. Add 1/4 bay-leaf, 2 peppercorn, 1 small piece cinnamon, 1 clove, a pinch of turmeric, a pinch of rasoi paneer butter masala, all the chopped vegetables, uncooked rice, pigeon peas and stir well. Add 2 cups of water and salt to taste.
- Put the pressure cooker on high flame till four whistles and then turn the flame to low for 10 minutes. Serve the lentil rice hot with frozen yogurt.
This Hawkins Pressure Cooker Makes my Cooking Fast and Easier
Do you have an active toddler who is hungry quite often and do you find yourself short of time to cook food for your toddler. If you already don't have this Hawkins 1.5 liter cooker I suggest you buy one. Because I find this one very handy for cooking a variety of flavorful, soft, quick and easy recipes in this cooker. Hope it makes your life easier too.