Quick and Easy Shrimp Tacos
Delicious Shrimp Tacos
A Delicious Quick and Easy Meal
Shrimp tacos are just the thing for a delicious lite dinner in spring or summer. Shrimp is very low fat and healthy choice for tacos, not to mention delicious! Add some healthy vegetables and my "secret" spices and you have a marvelous, low fat meal. I have tried several different ingredients for shrimp tacos, but my husband agrees, these are absolutely the best!
Shrimp Taco Ingredients
- 1 lb shrimp, medium size, tails removed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Cavanders Greek Seasoning
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced or chopped
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 6 -8 corn tortillas
Cooking Your Shrimp
- Heat the 1 tbsp. of butter in skillet on medium setting. When hot, add shrimp and greek seasoning. Stir well to keep from sticking until shrimp is done. This will take about 3 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and cook just until it starts to wilt. Turn down to low and stir from time to time.
- In a seperate skillet, heat the 2 tblsp. of oil on medium high setting. Once hot, add corn tortillas one at a time, turning once. Don't over cook as you want them a little pliable in order to fold them.
- When you remove the tortilla, place on paper towels and pat to remove excess oil, then fold and set aside.
- You are ready to serve. Fill tortillas with shrimp, lettuce, tomato, onion and avocado.
Shrimp Tacos with Avocado
These tacos are delicious but there are various condiments you can add if you would like. Sour cream or cheese for just a couple. Picante sauce would be another good choice if you like your tacos a little on the hot side.
I hope you enjoy my shrimp taco recipe. This is a quick and easy delicious recipe. This would make a great lunch or add some Spanish Rice and you have a complete meal!
Have You Ever Tried Shrimp Tacos?
You May Also Enjoy:
- Picante Sauce Recipe - Southwest Style Salsa
Picante sauce or salsa has always been a favorite dipping snack for my family. It is a very healthy snack and is an exellent way to use the fresh vegetables from our vegetable garden. My recipe is not overly hot and just has an over all great Mexican
- Quick and Easy Chicken Taco Recipe
Here is a quick and easy recipe for delicious chicken tacos that is nutritious and only takes about 30 minutes to prepare. This recipe makes enough for about 6 tacos and of course, you can double if needed.
- Quick and Easy Breakfast Burrito Supreme
Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day, but for most people, mornings are one of the busiest times of the day. We don’t always have time to cook a big healthy breakfast, much less take it with us when we are on the run. Here is wh
- Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Recipe
Green chile peppers are large, mild peppers and are found in most local grocery stores. They are sometimes referred to as the Anaheim pepper. They are a wonderfully flavorable pepper that is not overly hot. Green Chiles add a wonderful flavor to thes
© 2012 Sheila Brown