Easy Snickers Cheesecake Recipe
Heaven In Your Mouth
This is just like the title implies: Heaven in your mouth. If you love cheesecake as much as I do, check out this recipe, flag it to fix later if you can't fix it right now. Please, do not let this one pass you by. This cheesecake is a rich combination of chocolate, cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and heavy cream. You might have to run 10 miles to run off all the different creams and sugar in this one.
Just a little personal warning: This cheesecake is NOT low fat and NOT for the faint of heart!
The combination of the snickers bars chopped up and placed on top of the cheesecake as well as semi-sweet chocolate chips, make for a perfectly decadent dessert. This cheesecake will look like it was professionally done at a bakery. When you make it and are ready to serve it, place the cheesecake on the cake plate that is decorated for Christmas.
This recipe was given to my by my Aunt Dean (my mom's sister) and it is truly delicious. She will make this cheesecake for her boys at Christmas. You should just get those rave reviews that you are looking for when you make this cheesecake.
Cheesecakes are always so popular with everyone and they might be a little challenging at times to make. For this particular recipe, I would advise you to read the entire recipe before you make it. It requires two days to complete so, just be aware that it takes.
Cheesecake can truly be a labor of love. This keeps everyone from making them all the time. Then the only decision left is what occasion do I make the cheesecake for because, there are many different holidays. This cheesecake could be used for holidays such as Valentine's Day, for a birthday, someone you might just be thinking of and you want to make them something special or it can also easily be transported to Christmas parties, family gatherings such as, Thanksgiving and of course, those different work functions.
Even though this is one of the more complicated recipes that I have shared, it is worth the time and effort that is put into it. There is a very popular restaurant chain that makes it's money from the sale of their cheesecakes. So, we know that cheesecake is popular. This is a great recipe that you can have on hand and serve for your special occasions.
Please feel free to leave your thoughts and opinions in the comments box located at the bottom of the page.
I hope that you get a chance to try this recipe and I hope that you enjoy as much as my family does. Snickers is a delicious treat whether it is eaten as a candy bar or inside of a cheesecake.
This cheesecake can easily be frozen until you are ready to serve so, this can be made ahead of time and put away until the special occasion arrives.
- 30 original oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, unsalted, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 cup sugar
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- 5 (2.7oz) snickers bars, chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- snicker bars, coarsely chopped
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
Have You Had It?
Have you ever had Snickers Cheesecake?
Dessert Recipe Books
How To Make This Great Dessert
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Wrap bottom and sides of a ten inch spring form pan with aluminum foil. Spray the aluminum foil with cooking spray. Chop the cookies until fine crumbs form. These crumbs need to be really fine so that they will absorb the butter and make a crust. Add the butter and water mix until blended crumbs are moist. Press the crumbs over the bottom and halfway up the sides of the prepared spring form pan. ****Filling**** In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, scrapping down the sides the bowl occasionally. Beat in the sour cream and sugar and stir in snickers bars and chocolate chips.
- Stir the cheesecake mixture into the crust and place the pan on a baking sheet. This way, if any of the cheesecake leaks out, it will leak out on a pan and not into the bottom of your oven. This cheesecake needs to bake for 65-70 minutes until the top of the cheesecake is golden and puffed.
- Let the cheesecake cool on a baker's rack. Cover and put in the refrigerator after it has initially cooled down. The recommended time of refrigeration before eating is 6 hours or until firm. I personally don't know if I could wait that long before I would eat it.
- ***Glaze*** Prepare glaze only after cheesecake has chilled 6 hours. Place chocolate chips, cream and butter in a bowl that is safe in the microwavevable bowl. Microwave on high for one minute and then stir. Microwave thirty seconds until the chips are melted and stir until the chips are smooth and without any lumps. Let the chips cool slightly until thickened but, still pourable.
- ****Glaze & Decorate**** Run the knife around the edges of the spring form pan to loosen the edges of the cheesecake from the sides of the pan.. Lift the cake off of the bottom with a very large spatula and transfer it carefully to your serving platter or dish. Drizzle the glaze over the top and pour into on the center and then spread it to within one inch from the edge. Garnish, if desired. Refrigerate at least one hour until the glaze is set. Dip a large knife in warm water to cut clean slices of the cheesecake. After each slice, dip the knife in the warm water again to ensure clean slicing.
Homemade Cheesecake Snickers
- Simple Pan Roasted Garlic Shrimp
This a favorite of mine and mom's favorite meals to cook while at the beach. We get the fresh shrimp from the gulf and we dig in. This dish is a one skillet meal. This is also nice dish to fix at home for a romantic evening. It is also not a crime to
- Muffaletta Mix Recipe by Leslie
This is a recipe that I was given on how to make Muffalettas at home. This hub features step by step instructions on making the Muffaletta/Olive Salad Mix. A poll, a quiz and commentary as well as pictures are all included in this blog.
- Homemade Red Velvet Cake
This article gives you the ingredients on how to make a great Red Velvet Cake. Ratings, cook time and instructions are listed here as well as pictures, video clips, commentary and a poll.
- Easy Fajita Nachos
This recipe hub describes how to make easy fajita nachos. There are multiple variations on how to make this dish. You tube videos, pictures, a poll, a quiz, commentary, ratings capsule and a few hints along the way provide easy to follow instructions
- Easy Feta Chicken Bake
This Feta Chicken is really a light meal that you could serve to your girlfriends in the summertime. This chicken will be so tender, you can cut it with a fork. The feta cheese adds a nice sharpness to the chicken. I do hope that you will try this gr
Homemade Snicker Bar Recipe
© 2013 Buster Johnson