Quick and Easy Vegetable Pasta
With so many varieties of pasta dishes to choose from it's hard to determine the right foods to add to your perfect pasta salad. Well, how about starting with a simple vegetable pasta recipe that only requires a limited amount of ingredients, and can be made in less than 30 minutes?
Indulge for lunch, add it as a hearty side with dinner, or prepare as a delicious main course. There's so much ease with this dish, that you'll be making this your go-to recipe whenever you need a quick and enjoyable meal.
- 1/2 lb pasta shells (Rotini or Rigatoni or a combo)
- 1 can black olives, drained
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 3/4 cup Italian squash, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onions
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- garlic powder, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Mrs. Dash Herb and Garlic seasoning, to taste
- Boil pasta shells according to instructions on box and set aside.
- Chop vegetables and put in medium bowl.
- When pasta has cooled, mix with vegetables, egg, chopped onions and black olives.
- Pour in Balsamic and Ranch dressings, plus seasonings to taste, and mix thoroughly.
- Set pasta in refrigerator until ready to eat.
There is so much versatility to pasta dishes. You can add chicken, avocado, feta cheese, tomatoes, or whatever else piques your taste buds. The good thing about this simple meal is that there's little work involved in the preparation. And, better yet, you can make it for any occasion. Hopefully, you’ll enjoy this as much as me. Bon Appétit!