- Food and Cooking
20-Minute Chicken and Vegetable Fried Rice
There are so many variations to explore when making rice dishes. You can either make it as a yummy side dish, or as a main course. Whether you’re making this dish for your next lunch or to feed your family, this quick and easy Chicken and Vegetable Fried Rice recipe is sure to be a hit wherever you go.
- 1 ½ cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1 cup frozen bell pepper and onions
- 1/4 of a cup frozen peas
- 1/4 of a cup frozen spinach
- 1 pre-cooked chicken breast; cubed (breast can be purchased in the deli section at any grocery store)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- salt (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- Prepare 1 ½ cups of jasmine rice (you can use the 3-minute microwave version, sold at most specialty grocery stores; or, steam it in a rice cooker, or boil); Put the rice to the side.
- Heat a wok or large skillet, then pour in the olive oil and soy sauce.
- Add in the frozen vegetables, with the exception of the spinach, and stir-fry. You will add the spinach in after the other vegetables are soft and to your liking. This step takes about 5-7 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add in the jasmine rice and stir-fry until mixed well with the vegetables. This should take no more than a couple of minutes.
- Next, add in the pre-cooked chicken and continue to stir. Once everything is mixed well, add salt and garlic powder to taste. Your Chicken and Vegetable Fried Rice is now ready to serve.
This tasty little meal is so effortless to make that you can easily vary the recipe. You can forgo the chicken for a delightful vegetarian cuisine, or add beef for a more hearty delight. This meal is perfect for experimentation. And, it’s so simple to prepare, and appetizing to the palette, that you might find yourself making it every week. Hopefully, you and your family will enjoy it. Bon Appétit!