- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
TUNA-CHEESE PASTA IN SEASONED VEGETABLE SAUCE
By Ben Ugoji
500g Pasta (Fusili) or any type
50 -75g of
200g of Tuna
75ml of vegetable oil (olive oil)
2 Knor cubes (chicken flavoured)
Dash of these seasonings-
Nutmeg or thyme
150g of tomato paste or fresh tomatoes
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Boil the pasta for about two minutes and quickly pour it into the sieve and allow it to cool down under running water. Make sure the paste is half cooked.
- Meanwhile dice the vegetables, grate the cheese and put them in a clean plate.
- Pour some oil in a pot, add the vegetables and tomato paste, the herbs/ spices and fry for a while (5minute). Stir with the spoon making sure the ingredients are well mixed.
- Add some water (100ml) into a pan and crush the knor with your finger into the boiled water so to make a broth. You could add other seasonings to improve the taste. Quickly add the boiled pasta and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the sauce in (3), into the pasta and add the tuna. Stir with a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes. Add the grated cheese and simmer for 1 minute. Turn off the flame and enjoy!