Quick, Easy and Tasty Chicken Marsala Recipe!
A Quick Delicious Recipe
Tastes just as good if you were eating out! This recipe includes Marsala wine, herbed chicken and baby portobello mushrooms.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves pounded thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup fresh baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- Angel hair pasta
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, garlic salt, pepper and oregano. Dredge chicken through the mixture to lightly coat.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the chicken in the skillet (do not flip it) approximately 2 minutes or until lightly browned on one side. Flip the chicken over, and add the mushrooms. Cook about 2 minutes until chicken is browned on the other side. Stir mushrooms so that they are cooked evenly.
- Pour Marsala wine over the chicken. Add a little more if it appears to dry up quickly. Reduce heat to low temperature and cover the skillet. Simmer chicken and mushrooms in the wine for 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and no longer pink.
- While chicken simmers cook angel hair pasta in medium pot. Add a teaspoon of salt and wait until water boils. Cook pasta while boiling until "al dente" or slightly firm. This should only take a few minutes. Drain pasta well.
- Once chicken appears done place chicken on top or aside of the pasta and pour wine sauce and mushrooms over top. Enjoy!