- Food and Cooking
Quick salty cakes
This recipe is quite easy if you have a kitchen robot (or ordinary mixer) able to do it for you but can be quite time consuming if you don't.
The cakes are very filling and tasty breakfast with lots of fats, proteins and carbs.
And as is it is with every tasty breakfast - not very healthy.
You may also use this recipe for a side dish, when cooking light meats, poultry, fish and others used for light dinner or lunch. They will add quite good flavor.
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp olive or sunflower oil
- 1 cup white flour
- 3 whole walnuts
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- 1-2 ounces white cottage cheese, salted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 olives, with pyrenes/kernels removed
- 1 cup with any sauce you prefer for dipping
- 1 baking form, either silicone or metal
- 1 mixing bowl
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (392 F). Break and clean the walnuts, de-kernel the olives.
- Break the eggs in a big bowl for mixing.
- Add all liquid ingredients and start mixing until smooth.
- Crush the cottage cheese and add it. Keep mixing until it is broken to small crumbs.
- Cut the olives to small dices and add them too.
- Add one tablespoon of baking powder and start adding the flour 1 tablespoon at a time. Keep mixing, so the flour does not form crumbs.
- Check the mix with a fork or spoon or just tilt the bowl a little. It needs to detach from the walls of the cup very easy. If it is sticky - add a bit more flour.
- Pour the mix in the baking forms evenly and decorate each cake with half walnut.
- Bake until the cakes form hard light-brown crust (but no more than 30 minutes).
- Serve in a wide dish with any sauce you like in the center: