- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Quick & Easy Microwave Sponge Cake Recipe
1 Egg Microwave Sponge Cake Recipe:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup self raising flour (US all purpose flour, plus 1 teaspoon baking powder)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cream the butter and sugar together, gradually add milk and egg.
- Sift in the flour, fold in gently
- Place the mix in a microwavable dish of about 1 pint capacity
- Put your cake in the microwave on full power for about 3½ minutes
A microwave sponge cake is great to either eat as it is, or to use as a base for a homemade trifle or other dessert that uses sponge.
Eat your hot microwave sponge cake before anybody else knows you made it!
The great thing about microwave cooking is it's instant gratification. If you're in a hurry, tired, just got in home late from work, then to nuke a meal is probably all you can manage! This is great comfort food too. Food with a feel-good factor, created from scratch, yet delivered to your plate in under 10 minutes is a great reason to buy a microwave in my opinion.
I hope you enjoy this. I know I do (far too often!)
Baking Tip: Use Silicone Dishes
I now use silicone baking trays for making cakes and bread. They're much easier to store and to wash up. Also, you don't have to grease them as your cakes and bread won't stick. Silicone bakeware dishes are microwave safe, dishwasher safe, oven safe and freezer safe... I find them brilliant.
More Microwave Recipes:
- Quick and Easy Microwave Steamed Sponge Pudding
I've always loved a good steamed pudding. The simplest of these is Jam Steamed Pudding. But they do take hours to steam and sometimes you fancy a quick method to make a steamed pudding. So here's one recipe for you to try today - this quick and easy
- Quick & Easy Microwave Flapjacks Recipe on a Budget
I love this cheap, quick and easy microwave flapjack recipe. It produces soft, moist flapjacks in under 10 minutes (plus the cooling/setting time) with a minimum of effort and mess!
- Easy Microwave Chocolate Fudge Recipe
f you're looking for a quick and easy microwave chocolate fudge recipe, then this one's sure to please. It's quick, clean and tastes divine.
- How to Make Microwave Fudge - Fast Fudge
Make Microwave Fudge with this microwave fudge recipe - a straight forward and simple combine / microwave / chill method. Follow this simple recipe and make fudge in a microwave easily.