Quick and Easy Microwave Steamed Sponge Pudding
Microwave Steamed Puddings In Under 10 Minutes
I've always loved a good steamed pudding. The simplest of these is Jam Steamed Pudding. But they do take hours to steam and sometimes you fancy a quick method to make a steamed pudding. So here's an easy microwave steamed pudding recipe for you to try today
- 28 grams/1oz margarine
- 28 grams/1oz sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 56 grams/2oz self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons of syrup (or jam, or lemon curd)
Method for Microwave Steamed Pudding
- Place the jam in the bottom of a small microwave dish/basin - I always use a 1 pint Pyrex jug.
- Beat all the other ingredients together until they are smooth.
- Spoon the pudding mix over the jam.
- Cover the dish with a microwaveable lid or cling film (pierce it).
- Place in your microwave and cook on medium power for 2½ - 3 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 3 minutes before turning out into a bowl.
When you've finished, just squirt a tiny amount of washing up liquid into the pyrex jug and fill it with boiing water. By the time you've eaten your pudding, your jug will be ready for a 2 second wipe around and rinse and it's perfectly clean again!
Serve immediately with custard, or your favourite topping!
This quick and easy, almost instant microwave steamed sponge syrup pudding is scrummy!
Fillings for Your Steamed Sponge
Although this microwave steamed sponge pudding focussed mainly on using jam, you can really use any of your favourite teatime treats. Here are a few ideas:
- Steamed Golden Syrup Pudding, place golden syrup in the bottom of the dish
- Jam steamed sponge pudding: use any flavour jam you like, placed in the bottom of the dish
- Lemon curd steamed pudding, placed in the bottom of the dish
- Lemon curd and sultana pudding, you can layer these ingredients through your pudding
- Chocolate steamed sponge pudding, simply add cocoa to the basic mix, a tablesopoon should be enough. You could also drop in some small pieces of chocolate to melt.
- Rhubarb sponge pudding, by adding rhubarb and jam to the bottom, there's a full recipe at Rhubarb Sponge Pudding
I hope you enjoy this steam pudding microwave recipe, a perfect winter warmer.