- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Quinoa Turkey Meatloaf
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 50 min
Ready in: 1 hour 20 min
Yields: serves about 4
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup orange or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup spinach or kale, finely chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onioin, fincely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded and finely chopped
- 1 TBS Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 egg, (1 TBS apricot puree can substitute)
- 1 tsp (kosher) salt
- 2 TBS worcestershire sauce
- 20 oz ground turkey
- 1 TBS grapeseed or extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring the quinoa and chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and spinach or kale and cook for about another minute; remove from heat.
- Stir the turkey with everything else (including cooked quinoa and garlic/onion/greens) in a large bowl until well combined. It will be very moist! Shape into a loaf and place in loaf pan or baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven about 50 minutes (or until no longer pink). Let stand about 10 minutes and serve!