Classic Peanut butter cookies
Which kid doesn't love peanut butter cookies? Crunchy on the outside, a bit chewy on the inside and full of flavour. To get the most out of them, I use all natural peanut butter.
This recipe is just right. It has the right amount of peanut butter, not too overwhelming and not too subtle. You can switch it up by sandwiching them with nutella or putting chocolate chips into the batter.
To get the look, roll them into balls - or use a cookie scoop, which is great for getting them even - and press down lightly with the back of a fork.
Note: This recipe has been adapted from the Betty Crocker recipe.
Peanut butter cookies
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars in bowl with electric mixer.
- Add the egg and keep mixing.
- Mix the flour with the baking soda and baking powder and add to batter.
- Scoop 1" balls onto parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes at 325 degrees. Let cool on baking sheet.