Organic Carrot Cake.
- Rumford Aluminum Free, Non-GMO Baking Powder and Corn Starch
Rumford baking powder is aluminum free and contains no GMO. Rumford Corn Starch mixes up silky smooth, without a starchy taste. Available in supermarkets and health food stores.
- How to Diet Without Guilt. It can be a Pleasure or a Chore.
Dieting with ease. Treating yourself with a ''cheat'' while dieting, can help you stick to your diet better.
- Interesterified Fat Is it Worse Than Trans Fat
The replacement for trans fats in many processed foods may be putting your health at risk.
Carrot Cake - everyone's favorite
Do you hate carrots?
Try this recipe for carrot cake, and you will change your mind.
A good way to get your daily vegetables.
Recipes designed for the cooking impaired.
Please note: this step is one of the most important to remember:
After the cake is removed from the oven, it must completely cool to enhance the flavor.
It is best to make the cake a day before serving it.
1. Regular baking powder has GMO corn byproducts in them. The only organic baking powder that i could find is Rumford aluminum free brand.
2. When choosing an organic cooking oil:
Never use Canola, Corn, Soybean, or other brands that have hydrogenated, or partially hydrogenated (or interesterified) oils listed - as they are quite unhealthy for human consumption.
Also note: that the caloric values are never a consideration when choosing organic foods that we ingest. There are no bad or unhealthy foods that are organic in nature. The main consideration in choosing the foods we eat are by personal choices, known allergies, and quantities that we ingest in one sitting.
Using common sense is imperative when choosing any diet to lose weight. With that being said try this organic carrot cake and let me know what you think about it.
Countries that have banned GMO foods
countries and regions with genetically engineered food bans.
Organic carrot cake
- 1 pound organic carrots
- 3 cups organic self rising flour
- 2 cups organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons organic baking powder, Rumford aluminum free brand
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1+1/2 cups organic cooking oil (peanut, grape, or coconut), no hydrogenated, soy, or canola oil
- 4 large organic eggs
- 1/2 cup organic raisins and/or chopped nuts
- Boil and mash carrots and set aside to cool.
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl
- add carrots and oil
- mix until blended
- drop in eggs and beat well
- stir in nuts or raisins, or both
- pour into a 10 inch square pan, or in a round bundt cake pan, or 2 round cake pans for a two layer version. butter the pans with organic butter prior to pouring the batter.
- bake in a preheated 350F oven for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out dry. (if using 2 round cake pans reduce cooking time to 40 minutes or until knife, or toothpick inserted in center comes out dry)
- cool and frost with your favorite white (organic) icing, or serve with organic vanilla ice cream
- Don't forget to allow to cool for 24 hours before cutting.
Organic carrot cake
© 2010 d.william