- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Fast and Easy Basil and Goat Cheese Appetizer
This is a delicious appetizer recipe that my grandmother gave to me. Since it is a family recipe, the measurements aren't exact, but I tried my best to give you good measurements here. This recipe is for 40 tiny little basil bites. This appetizer is less to fill you up and more to give you a fresh burst of flavor that really tastes like summer, and it looks beautiful arranged on a plate. Your friends and family will probably tell you "Oh, it's gourmet!" as mine did :)
Ingredients You'll Need for 40 Gourmet Basil Bites
3/4 cup of pine nuts
8 oz package of goat cheese, softened at room temperature
3 tablespoons of heavy cream
olive oil to drizzle
salt and ground black pepper to taste
From the garden:
40 large basil leaves. Get them fresh and try to pick the ones that are not bruised or eaten.
1 large tomato or 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
1. Toast the pine nuts over medium-low. Do this is a dry skillet and stir them every so often. Heat them until they are golden-brown and fragrant. It will take 2-5 minutes, depending on your stove. Let them cool and set them aside.
2. Mix the goat cheese, heavy whipping cream, salt, and pepper with a fork until you get a smooth and creamy blend.
3. Wash and dry the basil leaves. Dallop about a teaspoon of the cheese mixture into the center of each basil leaf.
4. Press a pinch of the pine nuts into the cheese.
5. Sprinkle the finely chopped tomato over the top of everything
6. Pinch the sides of each leaf together to make tiny little cups.
7. Drizzle the dish with olive oil, and voila, you're fresh and fancy.