- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Railway Pork Recipe
Pork is red meat and is not very healthy. Also pork has lots of fat in it so pork should be eaten with restrain. Railway pork is an authentic Indian recipe which contains pork with lots of vegetables. It is very tasty and easy to cook. Ingredients are cheap and easily available and this dish is purely for taste. Though I am not a fan of pork but I put this recipe here for those who like pork. We Indians are not pork eating nation so we do not have many pork dishes. Also India has second highest number of Muslims in the world about 250 million and since Muslims do not eat pork so not many Hindus who eat meat also do not eat pork
1. Minced Pork: 400 grams/ 13 oz.
2. Potato: 1 washed, peeled and cut in to small pieces.
3. Tomatoes: 400 grams`/ 13 oz chopped.
4. Carrot: 1 large coarsely grated.
5. Desi Ghee: 40 grams / 1¼ Oz.
6. Large onion: 1 finely chopped.
7. Cloves: 3
8. Cardamom pods: 5
9. Cinnamon stick: 1
10. Garlic Paste: ½ Tsp
11. Ginger Paste: ½ Tsp.
12. Garam Masala: 1 Tsp
13. Red Chili Powder.
14. Grounded Asafoetida: 1 Tsp.
15. Bay Leaf: 1
16. Water: 125 ml / 4 Fl oz.
17. Salt to taste.
18. Pepper to taste.
1. Take a large frying pan with heavy base and tight fitting lid.
2. Over the medium heat melt ghee in it.
3. Add finely chopped onions and cook for 7 to 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
4. Onions should now be golden brown.
5. Add cinnamon stick, cardamom pods and cloves.
6. Cook for about a minutes stirring occasionally.
7. Add garlic paste, ginger paste, chili powder, asafetida, and salt and garam masala.
8. Cook for one more minute stirring occasionally.
9. Add pork and cook for 5 minutes.
10. Cook till the meat can be broken by a wooden spatula.
11. Add potatoes, water, bay leaf and tomatoes.
12. Bring it to boil stirring frequently.
13. Reduce heat to lowest.
14. Cover the pan with lid tightly.
15. Simmer for 15 minutes.
16. Now stir in carrots and cover again and cook for 5 minutes.
17. Now tomatoes and carrots should be tender. If not cook for another minute or two.
18. Taste and adjust seasoning, add salt and pepper according to your taste.
19. Serve hot with Naan or Rotis.
More Delicious Recipes
- Butter Chicken Recipe
Butter chicken and Tandoori Chicken was invented Kundan Lal Gujral in 1920 by just before the independence of India from British. They soon got very popular and right now one of the most popular of all Indian Chicken dishes. The inventor migrated to
- Silky Chicken Kebabs Recipe
Kebabs have been favorite dish of Muslim Indian Royalty since long. They used to employ special cooks to make kebabs. It was said that if a cook is not Kebabs then he doesn’t know cooking at all. Kebabs are usually made from mutton ( lamb or goat mea
- Kadai Gosht Hussainee Recipe
Gosht is mutton in hindi or urdu. Mutton is usually made from lamb or goat. Mutton is a very popular dish in India among meat eaters. Usually in west the mutton is used for the meat of lamb who is less than one year old and after that it is simply ca
- Chicken in Yellow Curry Sauce Recipe
his chicken recipe is pretty easy to make as most of the sauces can be easily brought in the market. It is also very healthy as it has large portions of baby corns. It tastes great and children just love this chicken. It can be served as main course
- Chicken vegetable and ginger salad Recipe.
This recipe can be used as an appetizer or as a snack. Since this dish has vegetables and white meat so this is as healthy as it can get. This is one dish which comes as a blessing for those mothers who always complain that their children eat nothing
- Chicken and Prawn Noodles in Coconut Broth Recipe.
This dish is from Indonesia. It is very tasty and healthy dish as all ingredients like chicken, prawns and coconut are very healthy and contains very less calories, yet rich in vitamins, calcium and minerals. Again like other dishes I posted here, th