Cheesy Chicken 'n' Ranch Pasta
Need a new idea for pasta? Is it the same red sauce and noodles each week? Try this quick and easy 30 minute pasta dish with ranch, cheese, and chicken. This dish could also be made with ham or a green veggie like broccoli or peas.
Prep/Total time: 30 mins. This recipe yields 10 servings.
- 1 Box favorite pasta, (I prefer Ziti or Penne)
- 1 Tbs. Butter
- 1 Tbs. Flour
- 1 C. Milk
- 1 C. Sour cream
- 1/1/2 C. Shredded Mexican cheese, (Cheddar Jack or favorite will work too)
- 1/4 C. Parmesan Cheese
- 2-4 Chicken breasts
- Dash of Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Garlic powder
Other good seasonings for this dish include:
1/2 Tsp. Dried Minced Onion
1/2 Tsp. Dill Weed
1/4 Tsp. Onion Powder
1 Tsp. Lemon-Pepper Seasoning
2 Tsp. Dried Parsley Flakes
- Fry or grill chicken breasts (You could also buy precooked chicken from your local supermarket) while cooking pasta as directed, drain and set aside.
- I prefer using a sauce pan, but a dutch oven works as well. Melt butter and whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil; cooking and stirring for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat and fold in sour cream until blended.
- Add chicken and pasta. Cook and stir until heated through making sure not to boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in Mexican cheese and sprinkle with parmesan. Enjoy!
A fast and delicious meal whipped up in less than 30 minutes, what more could you ask for? I love using a whole box of pasta, because it allows us to have leftovers for tomorrow's lunch. If you are wanting to make this recipe for one, I suggest cutting the ingredients in half.
© 2012 Cholee Clay