- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Cheesy Chicken 'n' Ranch Pasta
Need a new idea for pasta? Is it the same red sauce and noodles each week? Try this quick and easy 30 minute pasta dish with cheese and chicken. This dish could also be made with ham or a green veggie like broccoli or peas.
I love this pasta dish not only for its convience, but because it reminds me of comfort food with less carbs and fat. This dish is not only quick, but it's super versitile and makes for the perfect side dish, but it's also hearty enough to be a full meal. Pair with breadsticks and you have a meal the whole family will love.
Prep/Total time: 30 mins. This recipe yields 10 servings.
- 1 Box favorite pasta, (I prefer Ziti or Penne)
- 1 Tbs. Butter
- 1 Tbs. Flour
- 1 C. Milk
- 1 C. Sour cream
- 1/1/2 C. Shredded Mexican cheese, (Cheddar Jack or favorite will work too)
- 1/4 C. Parmesan Cheese
- 2-4 Chicken breasts
- Dash of Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Garlic powder
Other good seasonings for this dish include:
1/2 Tsp. Dried Minced Onion
1/2 Tsp. Dill Weed
1/4 Tsp. Onion Powder
1 Tsp. Lemon-Pepper Seasoning
2 Tsp. Dried Parsley Flakes
1 Packet of Ranch dressing mix
- Cook pasta as directed, drain and set aside. I like to add a little melted butter to my pasta to keep the noodles from sticking together.
- Fry or grill chicken breasts (You could also buy precooked chicken from your local supermarket)
- I prefer using a sauce pan, but a dutch oven works as well. Melt butter and whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil; cooking and stirring for two minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat and fold in sour cream until blended.
- Add chicken and pasta. If you are adding veggies or ham, now is the time to add that in as well. Cook and stir until heated through making sure not to boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in Mexican cheese and sprinkle with parmesan. Enjoy!
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||81|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 9 g||14%|
|Saturated fat 5 g||25%|
|Carbohydrates 38 g||13%|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 20 g||40%|
|Cholesterol 27 mg||9%|
|Sodium 612 mg||26%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
These nutrition facts are based off my orginal recipe and do not take into account any special additions. It's also important to note that not all chicken, pasta brands, and cheeses share the same nutritional values, so these numbers are not going to be exact for everyone. However, theses values do represent a good base for what you should expect as far as nutrition in regards to this recipe.
This chicken 'n' ranch pasta is a fast and delicious meal whipped up in less than 30 minutes, what more could you ask for? I love using a whole box of pasta, because it allows us to have leftovers for tomorrow's lunch. If you are wanting to make this recipe for one or even two people, I suggest cutting the recipe in half.
© 2012 Cholee Clay