Raspberry and Tomato Salad Recipe
Raspberry and Tomato Salad
Who doesn't love a nice simple salad for a meal? Salads are a great way to eat light but yet feel full.
One day I wanted to make a salad for lunch, but I also was feeling very creative. I went through the fruits and vegetables in my fridge, and found whatever I wanted to try in a combination of a salad. I didn't want to make it too complicated because I just wanted to make something quick to eat… and that would be healthy too.
My family started getting me hooked on raspberries and I wanted to find some way to include them in a quick meal I created. This Raspberry and Tomato Salad is the result of that creative meal. I added up the amount of calories and found it to be quite healthy after all. I decided to share the recipe to my creative salad with all of you. Hope you enjoy it!
- 3 leaves of Lettuce - either Iceberg or Romaine, cut
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 4 or 5 raspberries
- 1/4 cup matchstick carrots
- half of a 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella (Sargento Chef Style)
|Serving size: 1 serving|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- In a bowl, first add the 3 leaves of lettuce - lettuce of your choice, either Iceberg or Romaine. Slice it into bite sized slivers small enough to toss.
- Then, cut up the 3 cherry tomatoes into quarters, and add them into the salad.
- Take 4 or 5 raspberries, wash and add them to the salad.
- To the salad, add about a 1/4 cup of matchstick carrots. Break them up before adding to the salad.
- Lastly, add in the shredded mozzarella cheese. I use Sargento Chef Style shredded Mozzarella cheese because it's already shredded nicely for me.
- As for salad dressing, you may choose to use whatever your heart desires. My favorite to use with this salad is Ranch dressing.
**You may adjust the amount of ingredients depending on serving size and how many people.
Overall, I hope you enjoy this salad I have created. Mangia, Mangia. Buon appetito! :)
© 2012 Alyssa Scheidemann