- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Raw Vegan Curried Kale Chips Recipe
Curried Kale Chips
Curried Kale Chips
If you struggle with eating your greens on a daily basis, this is a really good way of getting those greens in. These are actually addictive, so you might find yourself eating too many greens. These curried kale chips are easy to make an the ingredients you need are readily available in your local convenience store. You will probably have to go to a farmers market or vegetable market to get your kale though. Rememebr it is always best to use organic produce rather than non-organic as they will have been sprayed with pesticides and other chemicals. So, look for organic and use it where possible. Kale is packed with iron, magnesium, fiber and calcium, they are a member of the brassicas family and they have anti-oxidant and anti-inflammotory properties. Give these tasty snacks a try today! Remember you can also use spinach to make these as well as swiss chard.
Here is what you need:
6 cups kale, washed and de-stemmed
1/cup cashews, soaked 4 hours
4 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon curry powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 clove garlic
1. Take the stems out of the kale and tear the leaves into small dime sized pieces. Put the pieces into a bowl and set aside.
2. Put the rest of the ingredients into a blender and blend everything together until totally smooth. You might need to add about a 1 tablespoon of water here just to help the cashews blend up properly.
3. Coat the kale pieces in the sauce you have just made and leave to sit for about 10 minutes.
4. Put the kale pieces on dehydrator trays with non-stick paper and Dehyhrate at 115 degress fahrenheit for 4 to 6 hours. Make sure you keep on checking every hour or so to make sure they are not drying out too much.
That's It! Enjoy your tasty kale chips
Per 40 g serving
Fat 37 g
Protein 9 g
Sodium 1,235 mg
Fiber: 4 g