Raw Vegan Ground Veggie Meat Recipe
Yummy Raw Vegan Veggie Meat
Becoming vegan can be a challenging and daunting experience for many. Especially if you are used to eating certain foods. Becoming a raw vegan can be even more challenging, there is so much to learn and assimilate when you first embark on a raw vegan lifestyle. However, it does not have to be so scary. There are an abundance of recipes to choose from, you can actually create some delicious meals with simple ingredients. This raw vegan veggie meat is an example of a dish that can be used for various different well known, and well liked dishes.
You can use this veggie meat to make raw vegan lasagna, bolognaise sauce, taco filling and raw vegan chili. The list is endless when it comes to this veggie meat. Even if you are not vegan, you will enjoy this dish.
Makes 2 cups
Prep time: 30 minutes
Drying time: 4 to five hours
1 cup walnuts soaked, 6-8 hours and dehydrated
1 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup minced cremini mushrooms or Portobello mushrooms
¼ cup minced white or yellow onion
2 tablespoons tamari
2 tablespoons lemon juice
pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Put the walnuts in a food processor and process until coarsely ground
2. Add the zucchini and pulse a few times. You do not want to over process here, otherwise it will turn into mush.
3. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and add the mushrooms, onion, parsley, lemon juice, tamari, salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Now spread the mixture over the dehydrator tray lined with non stick sheet. Dry it at 110 ° C for 2 hours. You don’t want it to be too crispy, so do not overdry.
5. Now transfer to a mesh screen and dry for a further 2 hours.
6. Place the veggie mince back to the mixing bowl and separate the granules with a folk. It is now ready to eat, you can store it for 3 days in the refrigerator.