Recipe for Razz-Ma-Tazz Bars
The name of these bars intrigued me so I just had to make them and taste them. They were not a disappointment. The cookie crust along with the raspberry jam made for an interesting combination. We are lucky enough to have our own raspberries and homemade raspberry jam, so I used that for the filling. The recipe calls for jam without seeds, but my jam had seeds and that is what I used. Don't know what difference it really makes. You can't even notice the seeds while enjoying the bars. The use of almond extract adds a special flavor. Whenever I can use almond extract, I do so; like in frosting or cherry pie, etc. Love that flavor! Also I do not own a 9" square baking pan so I used my 7"x11" oblong pan.
This recipe is not very healthy, but sooooooooooooooooo good! We use it for splurging once in a while.
Melted butter and white chips
Baked bottom crust
Raspberry jam over baked crust
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups premier white morsels (chips), divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. almond flavoring
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and sugar 9-inch square baking pan.
- Melt butter in medium, microwave safe bowl on High (100%) for 1 minute; stir. Add 1 cup of the white morsels and let stand. Do not stir.
- Beat eggs in large mixer bowl until foamy. Add sugar; beat until light lemon colored, about 3 minutes. Stir in morsel-butter mixture. Add flour, salt and almond extract; mix at low speed until combined. Spread 2/3 of the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Remove from oven to wire rack.
- Heat jam in small, microwavable safe bowl on High (100%) power for 30 seconds; stir. Spread jam over warm crust. Stir remaining morsels into remaining batter. Drop spoonfuls of batter over jam. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
|Serving size: 1 bar (1.5"x3")|
|Calories from Fat||117|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 13 g||20%|
|Saturated fat 9 g||45%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 34 g||11%|
|Sugar 27 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 45 mg||15%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- A Recipe For Raspberry Mousse And White Chocolate Cream Cake
For an indulgent summer dessert, you can't go wrong with a delicious layer cake filled with raspberry mousse and topped with a white chocolate cream.