- Food and Cooking
Kicked up Chicken.
Chicken: A Little Bit of this and a Little Bit of That
First a Little Bit of This: Chicken Facts
There are hundreds, if not thousand, of recipes with chicken as the main ingredient. I mean think about it; chicken is a wonderful main dish, delicious in soup, as appetizer, salads, and snacks like buffalo wings. Chicken is low in fat high in protein plus there are so may ways to prepare chicken: baked, fried, broiled, and barbecued just to mention a few. While chicken is super easy to cook beware! Raw or under cooked chicken can carry salmonella and other bacteria and parasites. The Department of Health and Human Services and the CDC recommend cooking chicken (no matter what method) at 165 F (74c) until well done. They all so recommend washing hands thoroughly will soap and warm water before AND after handling raw chicken. Disinfect surfaces the raw chicken touched with tablespoon unscented chlorine bleach in one gallon of water and wash cooking utensils, cutting boards, and dishes in the dishwasher on the " sanitize" setting or submerge very hot soapy water for a couple minuets the rinse. I seldom use my dishwasher so I boil a large pan of water and rinse the dishes, etc, with the boiling water.
Now for the That, a simple chicken dish my Granddaughter came up with to share on Mexico Day at the school:
Now a Little Bit of That
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast per person
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon taco mix, per piece of chicken
- 1 tablespoon salsa-mild or hot (your choice), per piece of chicken
- Cheese to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix egg and milk to make an egg wash. Dip each chicken breast in the wash then roll in the bread crumbs. Place in a 9x9 baking pan. Top each piece of chicken with the taco mix and salsa. Place in oven and bake for 30 minuets or until chicken is well done.
- When the chicken is to your satisfaction top with sharp cheddar or Mexican cheese, return to oven. Bake 8 minuets or until the cheese is nicely melted. Place the chicken breast Allow the cooked chicken to rest a couple minuets, place on a a serving dish and garnish with a dollop of sour cream and thin slice of avocado..Deliciso