Reasons To Eat Breakfast Every Day
This Article Will Cover Only the Reasons to Eat Breakfast
There are at least three different types of meal times every day. One of them is during the morning, the other is in the afternoon and the last one is at night or in the evening. The morning meal known all over the world is called breakfast. Breakfast is considered to be the most important meal of the day. I know of at least one person that skips breakfast but this writer never could do such a thing. Here are some reasons that you may want to consider eating breakfast every day when you wake up each morning:
Eating Breakfast Regularly Gives You a More Focused Mind and Body (Reasons 1 Through 3)
- First of all, eating breakfast regularly will give you the energy for your mind and body to function properly. If you are a student at the University for example and you have to take a final exam in the morning, eating a high calorie breakfast will give your mind the ability to focus better on the exam.
- You will be more alert as a result of having eaten breakfast.
- Eating breakfast in the morning also can help you become more focused as you start the work day. You will be more productive and accomplish more tasks at your job because you got the energy and nutrients from the morning breakfast. Having energy to focus at work or at school is far better than being tired.
Coffee One of the Standard Drinks Consumed for Breakfast
Breakfast Contributes to a Longer Life Span
- Eating breakfast every morning has also proven that those people who eat breakfast live longer than those who skip it. If you skip breakfast, you are more likely to eat a huge meal later in the day. Eating a big meal at once can lead to such health problems as increased weight gain which puts you at a higher risk for high blood pressure, diabetes, strokes and heart attacks. So don’t even think about skipping breakfast. Skipping breakfast will shorten your life.
A Full Breakfast Plate
Eat Breakfast Regularly to Control Your Weight
- On a related note, it is said that eating breakfast regularly contributes to weight control. Not only does skipping breakfast cause someone to gain weight but if you are able to hang in there until lunch time without eating breakfast, you will become so hungry that it is likely that you will make a poor choice of food selection. You might even end up eating more calories for lunch than usual.
Eat Breakfast to Avoid the Production of Insulin in Your Body
- If you needed an additional reason to be convinced to eat breakfast regularly, “going without food increases the production of insulin in your body, which can cause your body to store more fat,” (Hamlin 2015).
Eating Breakfast Contributes to Survival and Increased Mood (Better Mood)
- Another reason to eat breakfast every day is because humans need food and nutrition to survive. If you don’t eat, you will not survive.
- Also, eating breakfast is a great thing because it makes you feel good. Sometimes, when you eat a meal, your mood gets better. This is because you are more energized and more alert in the morning when you eat breakfast.
What Kind of Breakfasts Should You Eat? How Many Calories Should You Consume?
A good breakfast to eat that would be balanced while also giving you the good amount of calories would be something like two eggs scrambled or over easy, hash browns, wheat toast with no butter and a cup of coffee or tea. Wheat bread is a better choice for food compared to white or sourdough bread because wheat bread has fiber in it. And the fiber prevents constipation. If you have high cholesterol issues, eat the egg whites only instead. You can also consider eating pancakes or French toast for breakfast. I recommend not using too much maple syrup because of the sugar content in the syrup.
Depending upon what part of the world that you live in, the breakfast foods differ from country to country. A good amount of calories to eat for breakfast would be around 500 to 600 calories. That number of 500 to 600 calories is just the general recommended number to consume in the morning. I like to eat enough for breakfast so that I don’t feel hungry again in two hours.
So the moral of the story is make sure to eat your breakfast before you head off to school, your place of work, or wherever life takes you each morning.
Hamlin, Kristen. 2015. "Five Reasons Why You Should Eat Breakfast." Livestrong, January 28.