Recipe: Banana Oat Muffin (Cheerios Cereal Base)
I love cereal, bananas and muffins. So why not combine them all into a muffin? I was excited to see all of these recipes flying around on the Internet and in cookbooks for this specific Banana Oat Cheerios Muffins. I decided to give them a try to to document my baking experience with pictures. This recipe is very easy to make, takes a short time to bake and is great to have for breakfast or as a snack.
- 2 cups Cheerios Cereal, Original Cheerios
- 1 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Bananas, mashed, very ripe
- 2/3 cup Skim Milk
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg White
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 12 regular size muffin cups with cooking spray or grease bottoms only if muffin cups.
- Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or crush in food processor). In large bowl, stir together cereal, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in remaining ingredients just until moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Use a toothpick to test if completely baked.
Taste & Impression
This recipe was taken verbatim from a Pillsbury Cookbook. Nothing was altered or changed. So what I will describe is my impression of how these muffins tasted.
- Not salty at all. Great for people who want to watch their sodium intake.
- Not at all sugary. In fact, it *could* use a bit more sweetness or flavor. But I'm not saying that there isn't any flavor at all here. The banana provides the natural sweetness of this muffin.
- Really subtle banana flavor. This is good (or bad) depending how you think of it. You may want to add a little more bananas for more flavor.
- As a suggestion, perhaps adding cinnamon in the mix would give it an interesting twist. You may want to try this.
All in all, I liked this muffin. I would definitely make it again and make some alterations to the recipe for my needs and taste. I recommended it to anyone who wants an easy muffin recipe that doesn't require a ton of ingredients and a short bake time.
Other great Banana Muffin Recipes
- Peanut Butter Banana Muffin Recipe
Easy and yummy, these peanut butter banana muffins are sure to please! This recipe uses buttermilk, which you can make at home if you don't have any on hand very easily. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
- Gluten Free Banana Bread | Gluten and Dairy Free Rec...
This honey-sweetened gluten-free banana bread is light, moist, and tasty. It is a simple recipe that's sure to be a hit, even among the gluten eaters in your life!
- Old Fashioned Banana-Oat Muffin | The Cupboard Drawe...
A classic Banana Oat Muffin recipe from The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book. Do Enjoy!
- Banana Oat Muffins-Oats As A Galactagogue
Delicious Banana Oat Muffins can be used as a galactagogue for breast feeding moms or simply a healthy snack for anyone! Recipe yields a lot of batter, but it can be stored for up to four weeks in the refrigerator.