Greek Recipe - Chocolate Lenten Cake
- Prep time: 25 min
- Cook time: 40 min
- Ready in: 1 hour 5 min
- Yields: Serves 8-10 adults
- 390g - flour with baking powder
- 60g - cocoa powder
- 15g - baking soda
- 400g - sugar
- 136ml - olive oil
- 480ml - water
- 60ml -orgeat
- 1/5 teaspoon - cinnamon
- 30ml -vinegar
- 1 tablespoon - castor sugar
- Heat the oven at 180C and apply the olive oil on the baking cake tray. (I use the round one)
- First bowl: add baking soda and 290ml of water. Stir gently until soda dissolves.
- Second bowl, the biggest one: 290ml of water, olive oil and orgeat, stir it well.
- Third bowl: add flour, cocoa and cinnamon.
- Empty the ingredients of the first bowl into the second and add the vinegar and sugar. Keep stirring intensively until sugar completely dissolves (at this stage I use cooking mixer)
- Once sugar is gone, start stirring with spoon and add slowly (small portions) the ingredients from the third bowl.
- Once the mixture is ready, empty it into baking tray and place the tray into the oven.
- Bake the cake on the 3rd (the middle) scale of oven for about 40 min. When it is ready, turn it upside down and decorate with castor sugar.
|Serving size: 1 piece |
|Calories ||130 |
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Fiber 14 g||56%|
|Protein 51 g||102%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change
depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been
professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Check out my other recipes
- How To Remove Evil Eye - What is Evil Eye - Get Rid ...
Removing Evil Eye has been done for many centuries. Evil Eye is actually a type of curse that must be cured immediately to avoid problems. Learn how to Cure Evil Eye and Get Rid of it today.
- Recipe from Crete: Snails buburistoi
Snails have been prepared traditionally in many countries. Mostly they are famous in France and in Crete. Bellow I present a traditional Cretan recipe called
- Armenian recipe: Bread Matnakash
Armenian recipe for traditional bread called Matnakash. It was baked for many centuries by native Armenians. It is easily baked even in house conditions. You will be surprised how tasty and soft it is.
- Recipe - How to Cook Beef Brain
Beef brain is delicious and exquisite dish. Many people around the world are cooking beef brain using different techniques. This recipe is probably