Recipe: Corn Paneer Capsicum (with base of White gravy)
"Corn Paneer Capsicum" is an Indian Dish mostly prepared in Restaurants. It is not very common dish. It is basically a white gravy with corn, capsicum and paneer in it. But though it is not very popular, it taste yummy and it is a perfect dish for those who don't eat very spicy food.
Two types of gravies are famous in India: White gravy and Red gravy. Every Indian Restaurants will have dishes with these two gravies. This recipe has got white gravy. And you don't have to stick to only this recipe, you can add whatever you like in this gravy. For example instead of Paneer, you can add mixed vegetables, chicken, beef, lamb, seafood etc.
Same is the case with red gravy also.
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 20 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Yields: 3 person
This recipe has got two steps.
Step 1: Make white Gravy
Step 2: Add Corn, Capsicum and Paneer to the gravy
Ingredients for making White Gravy
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp water melon kernel (magajtari)
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- pinch of hing (asafoetida )
- 150 ml Cream/milk
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Punjabi Garam Masala, (optional)
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- salt, to taste
- pinch of sugar
Instructions for making White gravy
- Take 1 tbsp of oil in pan. Heat it. Add cumin seeds, onion, watermelon kernels, cashew nuts, chopped coriander, hing or aseofiotida, white pepper powder, chopped tomato, salt, punjabi masala, sugar. Fry it.
- Make a paste of it (in mixture) by adding milk or cream to it.
- Now heat 1 tbsp of oil in pan. Add all the paste to it. Cook it for 5-10 mins
- Your white gravy is ready!
1 cup of boiled corn
1 cup of capsicum (cut into 1 inch)
2 cups of Paneer
Add all the three in white gravy and cook it for 5-10 mins. Serve it with Indian Nan or Chapati.
Note: stir fry capsicum to make it slight tender before adding it to gravy
My other Recipes:
It is famous dish in all over India. Pav is basically a "bread", and bhaji is a kind of mashed vegetables. It has got vegetables like potato, carrot, peas, cauliflower, capsicum etc. It is prepared in an Indian style with full of spices.
I can say that it is a substitute for pizza. It is a kind of toasted bread with cheese and different vegetables in it. It is perfect for those who like spicy food. Its actually one of my favorite snack.