- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Recipe: Delicious Taco Salad!
I remember making this recipe a long time ago, around my early teenage years. I have to say, it's one of the best recipes for a salad I have ever tasted! You have to give this a try! Remember, there's two parts to this recipe (the pasta and the meat sauce)! Credit goes to my amazing foods teacher for sharing this recipe with me!
- 500ml Bow Pasta
- 1500ml Lukewarm Water
- 5ml Salt
- 15 ml Margarine
- 1/6 Head of Lettuce, Shredded
- 1/2 Tomato, Chopped
- 75ml Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- 60ml Sour Cream
- 1 Green Onion, Finely Chopped
- Bring water to a rapid boil in a large pot. Add salt.
- Once water is boiling, add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain pasta using a colander.
- Add margarine to prevent pasta from sticking together.
- Plate and top with meat sauce (recipe below).
- Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, green onions and olives. Enjoy!
Here is the recipe for the Meat Sauce!
200 ml ground beef
1/2 package taco seasoning
125 ml water
¼ onion, chopped
1/2 stalk celery, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare onions and celery according to the recipe.
- Sauté ground beef, onions and celery until no more pink remains and vegetables are tender.
- Drain fat using a plate and paper towel.
- Return the meat mixture to the skillet and add taco seasoning and water.
Cook until meat mixture has thickened. Adjust seasoning to your own liking