Grilled Roasted Potatoes With Onions and Garlic
This is a very simple and easy to follow recipe for making roasted potatoes on the grill. This can accompany any meat or fish that you are grilling on the barbecue. I make this potato dish many different ways and depending on what vegetables you want to add will depend on what you have on hand or how many people you are serving. The following recipe fed four people.
Cook Time Includes Boiling Potatoes for 4-5 minutes
My Favorite Cajun Spice
- 10 - 12 Gourmet Mini Potatoes
- 1 Large Onion Cut into large chunks
- 10 mushrooms cut in half
- 4 - 5 garlic cloves sliced
- Cajun Spice
- 2 TBS. Olive Oil
Lamb Shoulder Chops are Great on the Grill
- Wash the potatoes and place in boiling water for 4 - 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes are boiling cut up onion, mushrooms and garlic.
- Once the potatoes are boiled rinse under cold water, cut in half and put into a bowl with the onions, mushrooms and garlic.
- Add olive oil and as much Cajun spice as your like. Toss well coating everything with the olive oil.
- Put all ingredients from the bowl onto a large sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Fold the aluminum foil so that you are creating a sealed pocket for the potatoes to cook in. Wrap again with another large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Place on the top rack of the barbecue grill while you are cooking your meat. Cook for 20 minutes.
More Recipes For Your Barbecue
I served this potato dish with grilled lamb shoulder chops and a salad. You can add many different types of vegetables or just cook the potatoes with oil by themselves. Many times I will add green or red peppers, and zucchini along with the potatoes and onion. It just depends what I have on hand when I am making this dish.
For spices you may add anything you may like. A really nice flavoring for this dish is to add Hidden Valley powdered ranch dressing to the mix. Open the package and sprinkle the powder on top of the potato and vegetable mix.
You do not have to use gourmet potatoes. If using a larger potato allow more time when boiling or cut them into chunks beforehand.
To Make This Recipe in the Oven
This recipe can also be made in the oven. Follow the exact same recipe and place in an oven safe dish covered with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 - 400° F for 30 - 45 minutes.